Thursday, March 24, 2016

Keeping Up, New Beginnings (and What's Ahead)

Life is hard.

I'm just going to be real with you all here, it's hard to keep up with everything. I've got schoolwork, first and foremost; music (piano) to work on daily, and a variety of farm work to do. I'm running multiple businesses, and I've got activities in two different towns to run to nearly every day.
I guess you could say I'm the typical example of the overachiever-teenager... you know, the one who's in everything and who does everything and is always complaining about how busy they are? Yep. That's me.

The hardest part is keeping everything in order. My school, work, and entertainment are all in the same electronic device. It's really difficult to keep myself from jumping from one thing to the other, because suddenly I'll realize that it's already dinnertime and I haven't gotten anything done.
It's hard to keep up a blog. And I haven't kept it up, because, in all seriousness, it's not a priority. If I have to choose between blogging and schoolwork I'm obviously going to get the important work done first, right?

But I've been doing better. Scheduling things, disciplining myself to do things even when I don't feel like it, and knowing that it's okay to not get everything done sometimes. So I'm going to try to work on this blog a little more. I want to help people, change them, show them how to do things, and this is the best way for me to do that. Maybe do something once a week, or once every two weeks. Everyone always says, "be consistent!" so maybe I'll try it. I say "maybe" because I really can't make promises. It's just so busy!

Another thing I'm going to try is to tell my story, more than just putting out promotional junk and DIYs that no one really cares about and the occasional really good knitting pattern. I've found that I enjoy keeping up with other people, my favorite blogs to follow being FloretFlowers and Ginny Sheller.
I want to be real with people, like I'm being right now, and that might mean complaining. And I can guess that in the future I'll probably be complaining to nobody for a while, but y'know... it's a good place to start.

I want to tell the story of our farm this year. I'm going to be starting commercial flower production, and our farm is hopefully going to be doing a lot more growing in general, so I think there are going to be some stories to tell. I am also hoping to do something along the lines of a fashion line, and I have a feeling I'll have a lot of complaining about that to do.

So we'll see what happens. Maybe nothing. Maybe a lot of things that I can't find time to blog about.
But maybe something good, for me and for other people. Those are the best somethings.

~Mary - The Li'l Hayseed

1 comment:

  1. Blogging is so fun, though. I mean, I know it doesn't take priority, but STILL. It's really, really fun. I haven't actually started OUR farm blog yet, not really anything to blog about right now, but I look forward to it.

    ReplyDelete