Monday, January 19, 2015

Fun Stuff I Made this Holiday Season

I went a little crazy with stuff this Christmas.
I made a lot of presents this year, and I was planning on taking pictures of them but of course I forgot, except for one gift (plus a few other not-gifts). This is the gift I worked the hardest and longest on, and was for a very dear friend of mine who is even more of a Tolkien nerd than I am.
Shiny!
The gift was a hand-written (in fancy Hobbit calligraphy) hand-bound book, whose content was nearly every poem or song from The Hobbit and The Fellowship of the Ring.


Volume II will include the songs and poems from the other two Lord of the Rings books.
Here are some pictures of the process of making it:
First off, I went and copied the verses in my "Hobbit Hand" calligraphy style
(based from the official movies)
Then I put them into the computer and fixed the typos, arranged them into book pages etc.

After that, I printed out the pages and bound them.


Then I bound the pages to some cardboard, and cut out the leather
and decorated it.

The finished book. Huzzah!
Yes, I skipped a few steps here, but these pictures are just to kinda show you what I did. Maybe I'll do an actual book-binding tutorial sometime.

This year I also made this cute pom-pom wreath for my door, because why not.

I've wanted to make a new needle notions organizer for a long time, because the one I had made prior...
Was getting a little crowded and saggy. Plus I didn't really like the colors anymore.
So I made a new one!
Now isn't that much neater?
And one last thing, which is the pair of mittens and the earwarmers/headband I made for myself.
Took the picture during modeling hats yesterday.
So yeah. That's what I did this Christmas vacation.
~Mary









2 comments:

  1. Please do a book-binding tutorial!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey, thanks for your interest! I'll have to get around to that soon.

      Delete